Three-Day Certificate Training
Become a Sexuality Educator and Trainer
For anyone who works with people with I/DD and wants to lead
sexuality education classes, staff training or parent workshops.
Increase Your Skill and Comfort Level When Addressing
Sexuality With People With I/DD
This 3-day certificate training is for anyone who works with people with I/DD and wants to lead sexuality education classes, staff training, or parent workshops.
As a result of this training, you will be able to:
- Describe how to help people with disabilities become sexual self-advocates
- Identify our own values and attitudes and how those impact your ability and effectiveness in teaching this topic
- Explain what makes it difficult for staff and parents to talk about sexuality with consumers and discuss solutions to those barriers
- List ways to teach this topic with other agency staff, parents, and people with disabilities
- Demonstrate effective training techniques to use with staff, parents, and people with disabilities
Don’t miss this opportunity to get the training and support you need to make a difference in the lives of people with developmental disabilities.
These trainings sell out fast, so register now (early registration discount available on some trainings).Learn More/Register
I would highly recommend this training to improve one’s skills of becoming a sexuality educator. The training was very well organized, interactive, and informative. I feel like after this training I am better prepared for facilitating groups on this topic.
You’ll Receive Dozens of Useful Resources
Following the training, participants will have the skills and three curriculum so they can lead:
- Sexuality education classes for people with developmental disabilities using, Sexuality Education for People with Developmental Disabilities curriculum
- Staff trainings on how to address sexuality one-on-one with people with developmental disabilities
- Parent workshops on “How to Talk with your Kids about Sexuality.”
Here’s everything you’ll receive:
- Sexuality Education for People with Developmental Disabilities Curriculum
- Staff Training Curriculum – Facilitator’s Guide
- Parent Workshop Curriculum
- Slide Deck to accompany Sexuality Education for People with Developmental Disabilities Curriculum
- PDF files of the training’s PowerPoint slides
- PDF files of all handouts
- Links to Google Drive containing Power Points, PDF files of training materials and dozens of resources
This training conquered a challenging topic area that is so crucial and much needed to allow our clients to lead autonomous, independent, and fulfilling lives. I feel well prepared to take this on in my workplace, providing trainings to our direct care staff and participants directly.
Wondering if this Training is Right for You?
Check out this short video where individuals are excited to share their experience.
This has been the most helpful, useful, and relevant training I have attended in many years. Using the online format helped me build online skills as a trainer and participant. The curriculum itself, especially when combined with the wealth of resources provided to me, have empowered me with the tools I need to help educate those with whom I work (colleagues) and those I support (individuals and families).
2020 Dates and Locations
Katherine and the Elevatus team have really brought an invaluable training to people who don’t often get the chance to learn about sexuality and relationships. This training addresses a need that has long been ignored. I am so happy that I can continue spreading these lessons and supporting people with DD to live full and independent lives.