Three-Day *Certificate Training
Become a Sexuality Educator and Trainer
For anyone who works with people with I/DD and wants to lead
sexuality education classes, staff training or parent workshops.
Increase Your Skill and Comfort Level When Addressing
Sexuality With People With I/DD
This 3-day *certificate training is for anyone who works with people with I/DD and wants to lead sexuality education classes, staff training, or parent workshops.
As a result of this training, you will be able to:
- Describe how to help people with disabilities become sexual self-advocates
- Identify our own values and attitudes and how those impact your ability and effectiveness in teaching this topic
- Explain what makes it difficult for staff and parents to talk about sexuality with consumers and discuss solutions to those barriers
- List ways to teach this topic with other agency staff, parents, and people with disabilities
- Demonstrate effective training techniques to use with staff, parents, and people with disabilities
Don’t miss this opportunity to get the training and support you need to make a difference in the lives of people with developmental disabilities.
*Participants will receive a certificate of attendance or, if they pass an assessment following the training, a certificate of completion. This is an ABC training (assessment based certificate) This certificate does not make them a certified sexuality educator and trainer, and they can still teach sexuality classes.
These trainings sell out fast, so register now.Learn More/Register
If you are hesitant about signing up for Elevatus training don’t be! I am leaving this three day training with invaluable experiences, confidence, and skills to help the folks in my community to be sexual-self advocates. Everything about it is wonderful. From the presenters to the curriculum to the other connections that you make with fellow trainees!
You’ll Receive Dozens of Useful Resources
Following the training, participants will have the skills and three curriculum so they can lead:
- Sexuality education classes for people with developmental disabilities using, Sexuality Education for People with Developmental Disabilities curriculum
- Staff trainings on how to address sexuality one-on-one with people with developmental disabilities
- Parent workshops on “How to Talk with your Kids about Sexuality.”
Here’s everything you’ll receive:
- Sexuality Education for People with Developmental Disabilities Curriculum
- Staff Training Curriculum – Facilitator’s Guide
- Parent Workshop Curriculum
- Slide Deck to accompany Sexuality Education for People with Developmental Disabilities Curriculum
- PDF files of the training’s PowerPoint slides
- PDF files of all handouts
- Links to Google Drive containing Power Points, PDF files of training materials and dozens of resources
- Invitation to an online, monthly networking meeting with the trainer to ask questions and support implementation
This training was exactly what I hoped for!! I loved all the materials and resources that were provided. After taking the course I feel much more confident in my ability to now teach staff, parents, and individuals in sexuality education. If you are looking for more education or resources around sexuality and IDD this is the place for you:) Katherine is amazing so knowledgeable and personable, this really is her passion!!
Wondering if this Training is Right for You?
Check out this short video where individuals are excited to share their experience.
I would highly recommend this training to improve one’s skills of becoming a sexuality educator. The training was very well organized, interactive, and informative. I feel like after this training I am better prepared for facilitating groups on this topic.
Dates and Locations
This training was informative, comprehensive and provided an in-depth knowledge of how to provide healthy relationships and sexuality training for individuals with I/DD. I would absolutely recommend this training to anyone looking to advocate for and support individuals with I/DD in their right to sexual expression!