Curriculum: Sexuality Education for People with Developmental Disabilities HSN
An adaptation of our popular curriculum, designed for people with high support learning needs (HSN)
Developed by experts in the field, reviewed and field tested by professionals who work with this population
All Means All
In an effort to reach all people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, we’ve created adaptations to our existing Sexuality Education for People with Developmental Disabilities Curriculum for people who need simplified concepts, more visuals, and more time to process information.
This new adapted curriculum was designed by Rebekkah Abetya, Special Educator, and Katherine McLaughlin, M.ed, CSE of Elevatus Training. Not only was it developed by experts in the field, but it’s also been reviewed and field tested by many professionals who work with this population.
This new curriculum includes 3 sections that build on each other. Each section can be done each year or half-year to fit with the learning needs of the participants in your classes. Each section has 8-10 lessons.
Each lesson includes:
- Lesson Plans
- Slide Deck
- Review Game
- Instructor’s Guide (to assist you to make further adaptations if needed)
This unique HSN curriculum is ideal for one-on-one support, as well as small groups. We’ve made the content more cognitively accessible by including many graphics and story cards.
Click here to view our curriculum comparison (PDF).
This curriculum is FANTASTIC! The visuals help connect the content that I was teaching to real life situations. It is great for all learners.
Benefits of this Curriculum
How this curriculum will benefit individuals:
- Reach people who otherwise miss out on sexuality education, “all means all.”
- Uses techniques and strategies to meet various learning needs.
- Engages participants in meaningful ways
- Supports sexual self-advocacy including ways to stay safe in relationships
Professional benefits to using this curriculum:
- You can reach people with disabilities beyond those with strong discussion skills, “all means all.”
- Includes lessons, handouts, slide decks and an instructor’s guide for each lesson.
- Simplifies concepts for cognitive accessibility
- Supports presumed competence
The curriculum is AMAZING! It is very easy to teach and the information is presented in a straightforward way. There are a lot of hands-on activities that make it interactive, and I love the inclusive photos.
Order Your Copy Now
- Curriculum Includes
- 3 Sections
- 8-10 Lessons per Section
- Lesson Plans
- Lesson Handouts
- Lesson Review Games
- Instructor’s Guide
- Lesson Slide Decks